2022 IX art show
IX ARTS, LLC and IX Anti-harassment Policy
IX ARTS, LLC and IX are committed to providing a harassment free environment for everyone. This policy is designed for all participants at any IX ARTS, LLC event, whether such participant is a guest, vendor, or any other individual or entity in attendance.
The goal of preventing harassment in the first place begins with education. Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination – which include, but are not limited to, those related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion.
- Sexual images in public spaces outside the display areas.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following.
- Harassing photography or recording. (Consent is key, you should have permission from any subject prior to photographing or recording them.)
- Material disruption of talks or other events.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
Participants that are requested by ANYONE to stop harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Exhibitors in the expo hall, sponsor or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to this anti-harassment policy, and the term “Participant” includes you. We understand that art can contain sexualized images, and we commit to doing our best to work with participants in the event of any particular instances that might rise to the level of harassing behavior.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference without refund. In the event of potentially harassing behavior outside of an IX ARTS, LLC event, the organizers reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to take the same action(s).
Further, IX ARTS, LLC may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the effective impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities. We firmly believe that participants should follow these rules outside event activities as well.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Event staff can be identified by t-shirts or special badges. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event. People like you make our event a better place.
You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
You can make an anonymous report here.
We can’t follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we commit to you that we will fully investigate it and take whatever action(s) available to us that are designed to discourage that behavior in the future.
You can make a personal report by:
- Calling or messaging this phone number: 814-215-7084. This phone number will be regularly monitored for the duration of the event.
- Emailing this address: email@example.com. This this email account will be regularly monitored for the duration of the event.
- Contacting a staff member, identified by STAFF badges, buttons, or shirts.
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we’ll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are, or that you made any sort of report.
Our team will be happy to help you contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Policy last updated on October 26, 2020.